As summer approaches, it is important to make sure your air conditioning system is ready. To ensure that your AC performs well and keeps you cool during the hot months of summer, there are a few steps you can take. Here are ten tips for preparing your air conditioning system for Penn Hills, PA summer:
- Change the filter: The easiest way to keep your AC in top condition is to change the filter regularly. This simple task should be done every month or two during the warm season, as a clogged or dirty filter will reduce airflow and efficiency.
- Check refrigerant levels: Low levels of refrigerant can cause insufficient cooling power, so make sure yours are adequate before beginning regular use of the unit.
- Inspect the outdoor unit: Check that the outdoor condenser fan is working correctly and there are no signs of damage or debris on the unit. Make sure all connections are tight, as loose wiring can cause poor performance.
- Clean drain lines: If your system has a condensate drain line, it should be inspected for clogs and debris before summer begins. This will help to reduce humidity levels in your home and provide efficient cooling power from your air conditioner.
- Check ducts for leaks: Properly sealed ductwork is essential for delivering cooled air efficiently throughout the home. Have an HVAC professional inspect the condition of your ducts to make sure they aren’t leaking cooled air.
- Test the thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is in good working order by setting it to different temperatures and testing its accuracy. If you have a programmable model, make sure to set it as needed for maximum comfort and efficiency during the hot summer months.
- Clean fan blades: To ensure that air flows over the evaporator coils properly, clean the fan blades on both indoor and outdoor units with a soft brush or cloth.
- Clear away debris: Keep all shrubs, plants, and other debris at least two feet away from your outdoor unit to prevent blockages and enable adequate airflow for efficient cooling power.
- Seal windows & doors: Properly sealed windows and doors will ensure that cooled air stays inside your home and doesn’t seep out. Check the seals around your windows and door frames for any cracks or gaps, and have them filled by a professional if necessary.
- Schedule preventive maintenance: Have an AC technician perform a full system check-up to make sure all components are in good condition. Regular AC maintenance is essential for keeping your unit running smoothly throughout the summer months.
Following these steps can help keep your air conditioning system functioning properly during Penn Hills, PA summertime. Make sure to contact an experienced HVAC technician if you need further assistance with preparing your AC for the season ahead. With proper care, you can be sure that your AC will keep you comfortable and cool all summer long.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Supreme Heating & Cooling at (412) 245-8964. Our company provides heating and cooling services for both residential and commercial properties in Penn Hills, PA. Our skilled professionals are equipped with the necessary experience and expertise to prepare your air conditioning system for the summer season!