Air conditioners are critical in keeping our homes and workspaces comfortable. Still, they can also significantly impact the environment if not properly maintained. Poorly-maintained air conditioning systems can consume much energy, leading to higher carbon emissions and skyrocketing energy bills. Fortunately, proper maintenance of HVAC systems can have numerous environmental benefits, from reducing greenhouse gas emissions to decreasing the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere. Here’s how to reduce the environmental impact with timely air conditioning maintenance in Penn Hills, PA.
- Check refrigerant levels regularly: Refrigerant levels in HVAC systems should be checked at least twice a year. Low refrigerant levels can lead to higher energy consumption and increased emissions of pollutants.
- Clean air filters frequently: Air conditioning units depend on clean air filters to operate efficiently. Dirty or clogged air filters reduce airflow, leading to higher energy consumption and decreased indoor air quality.
- Adjust the thermostat: Setting your thermostat a few degrees higher in summer and lower in winter can help reduce energy consumption and resulting emissions.
- Professional inspections: Technicians should inspect HVAC systems at least once a year to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively.
- Utilize smart technology: Smart thermostats, sensors, and other intelligent devices can help to lower energy consumption by automatically adjusting temperature settings.
Proper air conditioning maintenance and air conditioning repair in Bethel Park, PA, are essential for reducing energy consumption and pollutants. By following the five key pointers listed here, you can help positively impact the environment while preventing costly repairs or replacements.
Are you looking for a reliable air conditioner installation near Penn Hills, PA? Contact Supreme Heating & Cooling at (412) 245-8964 today for a free estimate from our team of qualified technicians.