When temperatures rise, staying cool can be challenging. Fortunately, air conditioners provide a great way to keep your home comfortable – but they come with maintenance needs. It’s essential to know the signs that your AC may need repair so you don’t get stuck without it when you need it most. Here are five red flags to look out for that could indicate you may need AC repair in Penn Hills, PA.
- Unusual Noises – If you hear strange noises from your air conditioner, such as grinding, thumping, or squealing, it could indicate something wrong inside the unit. This is usually caused by a loose part or worn-out component needing replacement.
- Airflow Issues – If your AC isn’t blowing air as it used to or you notice a decrease in airflow, this could indicate that the fans are obstructed or the filters must be changed. Not getting enough cool air is a sign that your unit needs servicing.
- Unpleasant Odors – Do you smell something unusual when your AC runs? Musty odors could indicate mold or mildew inside the unit, while burning smells may indicate an electrical malfunction. Either way, having your AC checked out is essential if you notice any foul scents.
- Leaking Water – If water is leaking from your AC unit or condensation is pooling around it, this is a sign that there could be an issue with the drain line or the unit itself. It’s important to inspect this as soon as possible so it doesn’t cause further damage.
- High Energy Bills – If your energy bills have been steadily increasing without explanation, one possibility is that your AC may be inefficiently using energy due to a problem with its parts or settings. This could be an indication that it’s time for a repair.
If you’re noticing any of these signs, don’t wait too long to get your AC checked out. They can help you determine what needs to be done and get your AC running in top shape again to stay cool during summer. They will also suggest when to opt for a new air conditioning installation in Fox Chapel, PA.
Are you looking for a reliable company for AC installation in Murrysville, PA? Contact Supreme Heating & Cooling at (412) 245-8964 \today for more information on our services and to schedule an appointment.