Regular maintenance of your air conditioning system is essential to ensure optimal performance and energy efficiency. However, a lot of homeowners overlook this important task or make common mistakes that can reduce the life of their AC unit.
In this article, industry experts weigh in on some of the most common AC maintenance mistakes to avoid. We’ll break down the top missteps and share tips for troubleshooting common problems with your AC system. AC maintenance in Penn Hills, PA, can be a big job, but it’s worth the effort to protect your investment.
1) Skipping Regular Tune-Ups: Without regular maintenance and tune-ups, you won’t be able to identify small problems before they turn into larger issues that may require costly repairs. It’s best to have your system checked and serviced by a professional every year or two, depending on the make and model of your unit.
2) Not Replacing Filters: Dirty filters can reduce the efficiency of your AC system and cause it to work harder than necessary. Make sure you check filters regularly and replace them when needed for optimal performance.
3) Forgetting About Refrigerant: Refrigerant is the lifeblood of any AC unit. Without it, your system won’t be able to cool your home and you’ll waste energy (and money) trying to keep things comfortable. Make sure there are no leaks in the refrigerant lines and that they are properly sealed and insulated. Also, remember to check your refrigerant levels regularly and top off if necessary.
4) Ignoring Ductwork: Your ductwork is an important part of your AC system, and it needs regular maintenance too. Make sure you have your ducts cleaned periodically to remove dust, dirt, pollen, pet hair, and other debris that can block airflow. Also, check for any damage that could be affecting the efficiency of your AC system. If air conditioning installation in Fox Chappel, PA is required, make sure to do it correctly.
5) Not Checking Thermostat Settings: The settings on your thermostat can have a big impact on your energy bills. Make sure you are using the right temperature and fan settings to ensure optimal comfort and energy savings. If you’re having trouble getting the temperature just right, consider installing a programmable thermostat so you can set different temperatures throughout the day or adjust them remotely if needed.
Above all, take the time to listen to your AC unit and pay attention to any strange noises it may be making. This will help alert you to potential problems early on so they don’t become bigger issues down the road. It’s also a good idea to create an AC maintenance checklist and make sure you check off all of the items regularly.
Contact Supreme Heating & Cooling at (412) 245-8964 to learn more about AC installation costs in Monroeville, PA, or book an appointment!